Three people were killed in an Israeli airstrike northwest of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip overnight, a civil defense spokesman told AFP.

Israeli military aircraft flew over the Gaza Strip overnight, AFP journalists reported.

The Palestinian enclave has suffered massive destruction since the war that broke out on October 7, 2023, when Hamas attacked southern Israel, killing more than 1,200 people, most of them civilians, according to official Israeli figures.

The Israeli military's retaliatory campaign has killed at least 72,549 people in the Gaza Strip, the majority of them civilians, according to an updated count published Saturday by the Hamas Health Ministry, whose figures are considered reliable by the UN.

This includes 770 Palestinians who have lost their lives since a fragile ceasefire in the Palestinian enclave came into effect on October 10, 2025.

More than half of the victims (nearly 38,000) were women and girls, according to UN Women. That means “an average of at least 47 women and girls were killed every day,” UN spokeswoman Sophia Calthorpe said Friday.

Earlier this April, two men driving water tankers for UNICEF were killed in the northern Gaza Strip by Israeli fire, the UN agency said.

On the other hand, the Israeli army has counted five casualties in the Gaza Strip since October 10, 2025.

© BalkansWeb
To become part of the group "Balkanweb" just click: Join Group and your request will be approved immediately. Groups Balkanweb